This month we are focusing on “The Daddy of the Chain Gang”, the man who was there at the birth. Mr T. Crowley.
- Year you joined the Chain Gang?—-12th September 2008, in the delivery room as the links were joined!
- Favourite other sport?—-Gaelic Football.
- Most memorable cycling experience?—-17th June 2015, a l’arriveé du Alpe d’Huez with a fantastic bunch of Chain Gang friends! The bucket list got a big ticking that day!
- Favourite Chain Gang spin?—-I have a fondness for the Listowel, Tarbert, Glin, Athea, Castleisland circuit. A somewhat different 130Km.
- Your favourite bike you have owned?—-Love my Cervelo R3 – particularly enjoyable for a descendeur.
- Favourite coffee stop?—–Moll’s Gap on a Summer Saturday has a lot to recommend it.
- Favourite sportive (excluding Chain Gang)?—-Tour de Burren in mid-June each year. A spectacular cycle from lovely Ballyvaughan, and Paddy, Robert and the lads from Burren Cycling Club are great hosts. Plus a chance to buy a pig “for cash” in O’Loughlin’s Whiskey Bar afterwards!!
- Who would you most like to cycle a 100 km with?—- Jeannie Longo – someone who championed women’s cycling when it was neither popular or profitable, and won Le Grand Boucle on a few occasions!
- Dream bike?—-Most Pinarellos are “pure sexy” and get on any fantasy list!
- Cycling goals for 2016?—-Maximum enjoyment with a re-focussed Chain Gang!