With the Level 5 lock down in place until the beginning of March at the earliest this is perhaps an ideal opportunity to recreate in someways the fantastic Thumbs Up Cycle from last year.
Well 2021 got off to a bad start in the group cycling stakes with us going into lock down, solo cycling and a 5 km cycling radius.
In an attempt to try and bring us a little closer as a club as in 2020 with the Thumbs-up Cycle Event as well as giving a bit back to the local hospice, we’ve come up with an event called “Spin into Spring” in aid of the Kerry Hospice.
How it works
- Starting at 8am on Saturday 13 February 2021
- One or two clubs members will cycle individually within their 5 km zone for one hour
- When the hour is up the next person(s) take over.
- The event will go from 8am to 5pm on the Saturday with similar on Sunday if we get the numbers
- An individual can either cycle within their 5km zone or on a home trainer in the comfort of their own home
- Each member can send in a picture of their ride for our social media
- Everyone who participates donates €10 to the cause
Cycling Roster – Saturday 13 February
|Saturday 13 Feb 2021||Town||Town||Country||Turbo | Other|
|8-9||Brian and Clare N||Catherine D||John Murray||Ger H|
|9-10||Aidan H||Dave E||Marie-Louise||David M | Christo M|
|10-11||Tom G||Seamus O'||Maura and Pat O | Declan and Anne-Marie||Jerry Q|
|11-12||Terrence C||Jennifer C||Maurice, Martina, Mono||Avril H|
|12-1||Johnny Moloney||John O'C||Tom and Eileen O | Pat K|
|1-2||George, Hugh, Teressa||Denis W|
|2-3||Denis and Joan O|
|3-4||Donal C||Tomas C|
Cycling Roster – Sunday 14 February 2021
|Sunday 14 February 2021||Town||Town||Country||Turbo | Other|
|8-9||Declan M||Ailis B||Ger H|
|9-10||Thomas O||James W||Aidan H|
|10-11||Catriona K||Maeve H||Tom and Eileen O|
|11-12||Avril | Jennifer||Mags T | Seamus O'||Aidan S|
|12-1||John C||Dave E||Don W|
|1-2||Donal C||John and Xavier M|
|2-3||Noel and Andrea|